Thursday, January 01, 2009

Resolutions - 09

Here’s the deal.  I don’t care who you are, what you do, or what you expect from me, but this year is going to be mine.

2008 was great, but 2009 will be epic.

Here’s a brief re-cap of 2008:

1. I entered Sophomore, Junior, and Senior year.
2. I started learning how to take care of myself physically, and it’s paid off.
3. I worked on over 17 separate productions (music videos, independent productions, class projects, etc.)
4. I’ve managed to develop my social skills to an area that I didn’t really consider an option previously (at least for work).
5. I assessed my priorities and have been able to realize that I don’t need to have a set path.
6. In the last year of school, I was late to class once.
7. I started to develop contacts, local and national, within the Television/Film Industry
8. I learned to let go a bit more...
9. I kept in contact with those who mean something to me, although sometimes difficult.
10. I solidified some new friendships that I hope will continue to develop.
11.  I worked my ass off; see numbers 1 thru 10.

P.S. - 12. I contacted a talent agency directly; attempting to garner talent for a low budget-independent short.

As I look to the future, I see lots of things that are beginning to develop.

I’m about to start my career.
I have no five year plan, except to succeed.
I’m going to be roughing it for a bit, and enjoying every miserable minute.
I finally feel the ability to deny access to myself from people who constantly pain me.
I am going to live life like it’s going out of fuckin’ style!

These are just a few of the affirmations/resolutions I’ve made to myself this year.  There are a few others, but they’re personal, so if you’re nosey enough to ask, I might tell you.

Fuck it.
Fight on.

No comments: