Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Hundred or Bust

I'm starting a new workout today.

I've been lacking in my push up ability, and so I've decided to fix that. The Push up is apparently a really good measure of strength and general fitness, so I figured if my goal was to eventually do an unassisted pull up, why not push first?

I took the initial test yesterday and ranked in the 3rd class. I kinda surprised myself with that anyway. Push ups used to be the bane of my lackadaisical existence, and now I can do more than ten without really thinking about it. Guess all that gym money is going to good work.

Locked and loaded, I was ready to skip the first day today and start tomorrow. I was standing in my bathroom, ready to jump in the shower, when I realized, Fuck that!

There have been a lot of things that have changed for me in the last year, even the last few weeks. I am still Joe, but at the same time, I'm a completely different person. It's liberating, and feels pretty fuckin' awesome. I decided to continue the trend.

I threw on some shorts (naked push ups didn't seem appropriate) and threw down. I completed the set, 41 push ups. I'm pretty sure that I've never done that many push ups in one setting before. I feel great.

I'm so excited about what's to come and for the first time in a long time, I'm not thinking about every little thing. I'm just gonna do my thing and let the rest roll.

Bring it!
100 or Bust.

1 comment:

Ann said...

you know...naked push ups just make it easy to cheat by using the male "third leg"