Tuesday, January 01, 2008

"Eve just wanted to know shit"

Well, it's been a great winter break. I'm at Schuckman's tonight. I've been doing a lot of traveling, and phew, it takes a lot out of a guy. We're watching Hedwig, and I realize how much I've missed just hanging out without thinking about projects or what comes next.

This new year's eve was most excellent...and decidedly Legendary.

I had the yearly family drink-a-thon the other day, just getting lubed up for the night's excursions. The final talley was seven parties. We started at 10ish with pink champagne,
and by midnight, I was five sheets to the wind. I had an extraordinary midnight kiss from Jodi, Thanks btw. As Brady and I enjoyed some Scotch and a Cigar on the porch, we talked about hopes and such until we were assaulted by the rest of our party, ready to move on to Molly's, the local bar. We found out they had Absinthe and it was game over for Joe.

We went to a few more places, Suzie's and Dave Morgan's, after which I retired to Brady's...but Hark!

Around four thirty I remembered a bottle of wine I'd left in the snow at 11 that evening. We found it, still corked in the snow where I left it. Six hours later makes it LEGENDARY!


I'm still looking forward to getting back to FL though. I'm ready to get the mother-effin' ball rollin'. Ya hear?

No comments: