Friday, October 12, 2007

A Fear - One Among Many

I don't really know what it is, I haven't even liked Yellowcard since their last album, but I can't stop listening to this new song.

I can't tell what it is, but I think it has to do with the fact that I'm terribly afraid of the future I fear/know is coming. On top of that I'm afraid it's already starting to happen.

Since when does choosing your dream become selfish? Do your dreams include your friends, or are you alone?

I can't honestly say what or who my dreams include anymore. I'm glad for the friends I have, used to have, and may yet meet, but those I've lost? What of them? Did they fit in my dreams, or did I just never think of them in it?

I don't know if I chose me over my friends...or if I chose a future I wanted over settling.

I think a lot about the past. This song makes me wonder about the future. I don't know what to expect, but I hope that it's not all shadows and regrets. This is for those lost over the last four years, and those who I will know forever.

No comments: