Thursday, August 06, 2009

Finding a Home In 4 A.M.

So it's happened.

I've become a citizen of 4 AM.  I often find that my stride is reached right around 3 or 4 AM and then I'm home.  Driving the nearly empty streets of L.A. has become a lifestyle, a piece of time that I share with no one else.

Taco carts closing shop, homeless crowded around 7-Eleven or sleeping on benches, neon glowing darker than NY; this city is a mirror of itself at night, a doppleganger.  I find that it's easy to sit back and enjoy the ride.  Point A to Point B, this city is a maze of empty streets waiting for the slep of feet and tread of tires to wake it up and bring itself to live again.

I often find myself out, listening to music as I go about my tasks.  Imogen Heap, 'First Train Home' is an excellent companion.

No comments: