Monday, September 10, 2007

2008 - The Year of the Geek

The times are right.

There's the smell of 1's, 0's...ink...celluloid...ripe island-dwelling Losties returning to the screen, the stench of 41,399 survivors breathing the same air for five years, the dead returning, a world full of XX chromosomes, the comic book return of a lone soul, something bionic...

We live in the time of the geek and it's great.

Here are some of the things I can't wait for:

I didn't used to be a fan, but recently things have changed and now I really can't wait for Iron Man. Should be great with Robert Downey and this trailer.



Lost Season 4
I fell in love in season 1, kept up to date with season 2, was impatient during season 3, but can't wait for season 4 now that the entire run has been laid out. Season 4 starts in January and will run straight through for the entire season arc. I hope it gets me back...this wait is killing me.
Dead Like Me - The Movie
Can't wait to see George, Mason and Roxy... I'm sad that Rube supposedly will be missing, and that Georgia's going to be played by someone else, but I'll take what I can get. This show was sooooo mishandled during its short time on Showtime, but I'm really hoping that this movie can get it kick-started again.

Lie to Me
I'm an extra...W00t! No release info yet...
Risk: At-Risk Girls Behind the Camera
This is gonna rock! Should be making some festivals hopefully next year...who knows? I can't wait to see how it turned out. Go Risk!

----------------
Now playing on iTunes: My Chemical Romance - Teenagers
via FoxyTunes

Battlestar Galactica - The Final Season
The trip to Earth is almost complete. Our weary travelers have been to hell and back. The cylons are catching up and the race for the final destination will heat up in this final season of BSG. We'll be saying good bye to more than one character. People will die. This series will rule.

Y: The Last Man
Brian K. Vaughn's (Lost, Buffy: Season 8) great comic of post-apocalyptic world of 2002 has an interesting twist. The apocalypse leaves a planet full of women...and only one man. Let the bitch fest begin! This is being made into a movie, and I expect that it'll be pretty awesome. Go.

The Dark Knight
Christian Bale...Heath Ledger

----------------
Now playing on iTunes: Fall Out Boy - A Little Less Sixteen Candles, a Little More "Touch Me"
via FoxyTunes

Bionic Woman

Angel: After the Fall

----------------
Now playing on iTunes: +44 - Make You Smile
via FoxyTunes

No comments: