Sunday, April 29, 2007

American Dreams

I was just up, I know-I know...I just can't seem to get to sleep.

I've been watching a lot of American Dreams, and before you ask, yes, it is about a fifteen year-old girl. This show, set in the late sixties, is everything I wish hadn't changed about America. I don't know, I think I'm just nostalgic. Everything, even college and girls, seems easier in the past. I can't help but feel that the saying, ignorance is bliss, is more than appropriate when dealing with the country's moral code. I enjoy all our stupidity, and I admit to contributing my fair share, but I miss the unity.

Maybe it's just all the transition...I've never had a sure thing. Holidays, college, this latest transition...I haven't even told my dad about being accepted to Full Sail yet. I applied to another school, that would be an excellent back-up, but I got accepted to the superior program, all around, and I'm afraid to tell him. I don't even know why.

All that I've been doing lately is thinking about this move. It's terrifying. I'm in the process of finding a roomate, and I haven't been able to call anyone yet...2 months, 12 days, 18 hours...and then I'll hope to be on my way to the film industry. I don't even know what to expect. Sometimes I'm really afraid that I'm not cut out for the director spot...but I think I'm ok with that. I've just got to try to embrace creativity, but I'm not really sure what to do to help that. I spend a lot of time worrying, maybe that's my problem.

Well, the summer is upon me, and I've got to make some serious bank.



No comments: