Monday, September 11, 2006

In envy of freshmen - The Stroller

In envy of freshmen - The Stroller

Wow...I'm impressed...The Stroller has friends? I don't give TS enough credit I guess.

Low-blows at Greeks; how original. But what can you expect, right? Don't hold it against TS, people. TS is just trying to elevate his/her opinion of herself/himself. And let me tell you, there's no other way to do that than putting down a minority who's being put down all across the country, by everyone in the media. Way to choose a target.

What about these "media personalities," huh? They all act liberal and pretend to be original while at the heart of it all...they just want to belong to a different group; a different brotherhood/sisterhood.

How are those "shiny objects" any different from the *cough, cough* "fame" you acquire by seeing your words in print, or the flashy computers you saw when you toured the journalism department? You were bought. You, too, have a price.

"I did it for experience. I did it for education."

There are just as many values in Greek organizations. Leadership, fellowship, responsibility, and oh, public association, TS. I guarantee you more work goes into being Greek, than being The Stroller, and what you learn and live will provide more experience than you can gain at a desk. Get off your soap-box and try to get a bid. Or not.

It was my understanding that The Stroller was a tradition of being an original, critical, and sometimes satirical commentary of Northwest. Why don't we have more of that, and less of this dribble.

No comments: